Brandywine Red Clay Alliance Summer Camp 2018

This year was no different. I took Brandywine Red Clay Alliance Summer Camp underground. There were a lot of new kids and a few from last year. All week long they have been learning about rocks and a bit about geology.

There were 17 of them, including staff. They all did really good and tried all the challenges we had time for. I wish we had time to see the whole cave. I wish we had time to see other caves. I wish I had about a dozen like them to spend the whole year with. There is a lot I could teach a group of kids like this. 

I tried to get as many pictures of them as I could so they can tag and bag them for proof of what they accomplished. No one is going to believe you when you get back to school in a few weeks. I hope some of them come back next year. 

Like I said, I really enjoyed playing with them. Hummmm. I wonder if they need any more councilors next year. It would be awesome to spend the whole week with them, and see what other program weeks are like. 

For more information on the Brandywine Red Clay Alliance Summer Camp program, visit them at http://www.brandywineredclay.org/summ....

To see more pictures of the trip visit https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1804269079661710&type=1&l=03224610c1.


Cave Safely, Cave Softly, Cave Often, 
Allen 

PS. If you want to get a caving component in your summer camp program, comment, send me a direct message, or email me at allenmaddox@youcave.org. I'll get right back to you.

Comments

Popular Posts